Ukraine is one of the most fertile countries thanks to the chornozem which are full of humus ranging from one foot to five feet thick.
Though the chornozem is the most fertile, the other soils are also fertile and arable thus explaining the country’s crop diversity.
Which country has the most fertile soil in the world?
What Country Has The Most Fertile Soil In The World?
- Alfisols – Nearly 10% of the world’s ice-free land.
- Andisols – 1% of the world’s ice-free soil, with pockets in New Zealand, Northwest USA, Chile, Kenya, Indonesia and Japan.
- Mollisols – 7% of the world’s ice-free land.
- Ultisols – 8.5% of the world’s ice-free land.
Where is the most fertile soil in the United States?
The grasslands and prairies found in the eastern part of the United States, in Argentina, and in the Ukraine and Russia have the world’s most fertile soil.
Which country has best farming?
Russia also has a history of low-output farms.
- China. Easily topping the list is China, which is the world’s biggest producer, importer and consumer of food.
- India. In terms of total calorie content, India is the second largest food producer in the world.
- The United States.
Which country has the most arable land in the world?
Agriculture > Arable land > Hectares: Countries Compared
|1||United States||174.45 million hectares|
|2||India||159.65 million hectares|
|3||Russia||121.78 million hectares|
|4||China||103.4 million hectares|
124 more rows