Floral Assistant Resume Samples.
Floral Assistants provide support to floral designers with a variety of activities, such as helping to prepare flowers, researching arrangement ideas, liaising with clients, maintaining design tools, replenishing supplies, preparing the flowers, and refrigerating flowers.
What is a florist job description?
Floral designers, also called florists, cut and arrange live, dried, and silk flowers and greenery to make decorative displays. They also help customers select flowers, containers, ribbons, and other accessories.
How much do floral assistants make?
A Floral Assistant earns an average wage of $10.00 per hour.
What skills are required to be a florist?
A florist needs:
- to be artistic, with an eye for colour and design.
- great communication skills.
- discretion and confidentiality when dealing with personal matters.
- knowledge of different flowers and their maintenance requirements.
- to be skilled at hand-crafting techniques.
Do you have to go to college to be a florist?
Education Needed to Become a Florist
Although formal education is not necessary to become a florist, many colleges, community colleges, vocational schools and universities in the United States and Canada provide Floral Design and Floriculture diploma, certificate or degree programs.