10 Easy Ways to Cut Wedding Costs
- Be smart, not stingy, with food.
- Don’t get too daring with DIY.
- Reach out to talented friends.
- Shop sample sales with caution.
- Fake it to afford it.
- Pare down day-of vendor staff.
- 8. Make sure your venue provides chairs.
- Ask about fees first.
How can I keep my wedding cheap?
Here are seven ways to keep wedding costs down and help you stay on budget!
- Limit your guest list.
- Host the ceremony or reception at home or outside.
- Ask friends and family to exchange skills for presents.
- Do-it-yourself whenever possible.
- Use a dummy wedding cake.
- Time your wedding wisely.
- Scout out vendors.
How do I save for a wedding?
Save Money on Your Wedding and Still Have a Blast
- Start With a Well-Defined Budget.
- Don’t Go for the Most Obvious or Convenient Venue.
- Leverage Personal Relationships and Keep Business Local.
- Explore All Your Lodging Options.
- Look for Alternatives to Onsite Catering.
- Buy – or Make – Your Own Alcohol.
- Choose Your DJ Wisely.
How much should I spend on a wedding venue?
Average Cost of a Wedding Venue. Couples spend between $12,343 and $14,006 on average for their wedding venue, according to recent surveys of brides. This cost includes any general location fee as well as food, drinks and incidentals like tables, chairs and linens.
What is the average cost of a day of wedding coordinator?
Expect to pay around $600 (national average) for a day of wedding coordinator. A day-of coordinator specializes in managing the detailed timeline and services at the wedding venue on the day of the event, and can take care of any logistical issues that may arise so you can focus on your big day.